Tilicho Lake at 5,200 m collects the glacial melt of the entire northern slopes of Annapurna and Thorong Peak. It is claimed to be the highest located lake in the world. It is situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres (16,138 ft) in the Annapurna range of the Himalayas another source lists the altitude of Lake Tilicho as being 4,949 metres (16,237 ft). The trip to Lake Tilicho is an ideal package to observe the natural landscapes and discover the unique culture of this region. This trek offers a panoramic view of much of the east coast of the world famous Annapurna Trail, with a sublime natural beauty, cultural and traditional values, beautiful waterfalls and streams of drinking water, as well as attractive flora and fauna.
The trekking of Tilicho Lake and Thorong La Pass begins in Besisahar, Lamjung, which runs along the Marshyangdi River, with magnificent views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. This beautiful trekking in the Tilicho Lake takes you to the beautiful village inhabited by a great diversity of people belonging to different ethnic groups, which offer spectacular and magnificent views of the white Himalayas. On the way, we will pass through every type of vegetation zone from lush sub-tropical to harsh semi-desert and the highest trekking passes in the world. This trek encompasses the best of Annapurna trekking – its mountains, landscapes and culture – with the high, immensely cold glacier lake and its mythology.
1. Guided tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara
2. Ascent of the Marshyangdi River Valley
3. Meet the mountaineers in the heart of the Himalayas
4. Views of the world’s highest mountains: Dhaulagiri I (7th), Manaslu (8th) and Annapurna I (10th)
5. Tilicho Lake, the highest located lake in the world
6. Crossing the Thorong La Pass at 5,416 m
7. The pilgrimage town of Muktinath
8. Scenic flight from Jomsom to Pokhara