The Annapurna mountain range, in central Nepal, is home to some of the most iconic mountain scenery in the world and is criss-crossed by some of the country's most popular hiking trails. For those looking for a less crowded and sweeter view of this spectacular terrain, the trek to Mardi Himal is perfect. Mardi Himal Trek presents a fascinating and picturesque adventure to Mardi Himal, where you will be completely soaked by the sight of snow-capped peaks, lush green hills and walking in a pristine forest with beautiful rows of pine and rhododendron oaks. The trek consists of walking up and then along a ridge that juts into the Annapurnas, to a viewpoint perched at the end of it. Stunning views of the lesser-known side of one of the range’s most famous peaks – the 6993 metre-high Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) – alone make the trek worth doing.
The Mardi Himal is located at an altitude of 3,580 m. You will see the entire chain of Annapurna in a snow dress from the top of the camp. It is a great place to admire the impressive Annapurna base camp. By taking the Mardi Himal hiking trail, you will arrive at the Mardi Himal base camp. The perfect presentations of the Annapurna range is appealing. The spectacular sunrise and sunset during the trekking are remarkable. The trek to Mardi Himal goes through beautiful villages. The beautiful Rhododendron forests are always there welcoming you into immortal wilderness. You will walk across the forests till you march to 3,300 m altitude.
Mardi Himal Trek Highlights:
1. Explore the tranquil routes that pass through ethnic villages and lush farmlands
2. Stunning views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, and Annapurna ranges
3. Encounter the most hospitable locals waiting with a warm meal and a cozy bed
4. Close to nature as most of the route passes through the lush forests of rhododendron, pines, and oaks
5. Traditional Gurung people farm
6. Villages of Gurung culture.