The Manaslu Trek is one of the most challenging routes in Nepal. The Manaslu Trek will reward adventurers with extraordinary alpine fun. Opened in 1992, this place offers a great amount of history, incomparable splendor and natural variety. The walk around Manaslu offers a unique opportunity to experience a beautiful, fairly intact of Nepal region along the Nepal-China border. The Manaslu Trek is truly one of Nepal's excellent hikes, a walking tour through an extraordinary ethnic and scenic section, offering breath-taking views of Mount Himalchuli, Mt. Ganesh Himal, Mt. Manaslu and different mountains. Some 10 peaks over 6500 meters are taken into account. This trekking is done through the magnificent panorama, flora and fauna.
The area is less travelled and falls under the restricted area in Nepal. The trek takes you to amazing places such as Machha Khola (930m), PhilIm (1570m), Ghap (2050m), Lho (3180m), Namrung (2660m), Samagaun (3525m), Samdo (3690m), Dharamsala (4470m), Larke La (5160m), Bhimtang (3800m) and back to the exit. Hikers are welcome with warm air and beautiful flowers. Along the trail you encounter an interesting mix of authentic Hindu and Tibetan-style Buddhist villages. The trail follows the spectacular Budhi Gandaki River all the way from Arugath to its source just below the Larkya Pass (5125 m). As you start low, at around 700 m, the landscapes are incredibly varied ranging from green countryside and lush forests to spectacular high altitude landscapes skirting huge glaciers.
Highlights of Manaslu Trek:
1. The stunning natural beauty of the forests, rivers and flora of the Manaslu region
2. The friendly people and the rich culture of the region that includes Nepalese and Tibetan ethnic groups
3. Larky La Pass (5167 meters), the highest point on the trek
4. An impressive view of Manaslu, Cheo Himal, Himalung Himal, Nemjung, Gyaji Kang and Kang Guru and Annapurna II
5. Abundant wildlife including Tahr (Mountain Goat), Agali (Blue Sheep), Pika (Highest living Mammal), Himalayan Marmots and, if you are lucky Snow Leopard