Chitwan tour is one of the marvelous tour package in Nepal. Chitwan is one of the districts in Nepal which is located at the southwestern part of Nepal. Chitwan is one of the few remaining undisturbed vestiges of the Terai region, which formerly extended over the foothills of Nepal. Chitwan National Park is one the most popular wildlife park in South Asia. It is the best park for those who dream to see wild animals, green forest and flat landscape of Nepal. This National park was declared UNESCO Natural Heritage Site in 1979. The park is especially renowned for its protection of One Horned Rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tiger and Gharial Crocodile. This park has covered around 932 Sq. Km area. It is 165 Km far from Kathmandu and takes around 20 minutes by flight. Chitwan has a particularly rich flora and fauna.
Chitwan is the home land of Tharu people, who are renowned for their art and drawing. Their houses are decorated by religious drawings denoting different phases of history, culture and environment along that time. The people inhabiting the Chitwan District are predominantly peasant farmers cultivating mainly food and cash crops such as rice, maize, wheat, beans, lentils, mustard and vegetables. Chitwan is famous in Nepal for mustard growing and production of mustard oil. Chitwan is very popular for tasty Taas, a spicy fried goat meat dish served with bhuja or cheura available in many restaurants. Momo, Sukuti Khaja Set and other Newa cuisine and Tharu food are also popular.
1. Exotic wildlife Jungle safari in Chitwan National Park
2. Incredible Himalayan scenery includes fresh water rivers, waterfalls and streams
3. Admire many sacred Buddhist and Hindu shrines set against the backdrop of majestic snow-capped mountains
4. Chitwan is the best destination for Bird Watching
5. Discover the crocodile breeding center.
6. Explore Tharu Cultural Program and their warm culture.